- 2 14.5-ounce cans whole mild green chilis or fresh green chilis roasted and skinned*
- 1 lb. Monterey jack cheese whole brick, cut into finger sized long strips
- 1 lb. cheddar Colby jack cheese shredded
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered dry mustard
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a large rectangular glass baking dish (9×13) with cooking spray.
- Open and drain each can of chilis. Stuff each chili with finger sized pieces of monetary jack cheese and arrange in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar Colby jack over chilis.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine eggs, flour, milk, salt, and dry powdered mustard and whisk until most of the clumps are gone (some may remain).
- Pour egg mixture over chilis.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole and return to 350F degree oven for an additional 5 minutes or until firm.
- Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, we want to hear about it! Come back and leave us a comment or rating!
Source – Website